Best Car Battery Chargers of 2019Reviews and Buying Guide
Sometimes we find ourselves in the situations where the battery of our car is completely depleted due to leaving the headlights on for a long time or playing songs for too long while waiting for someone on the street.
The car battery charger is one of the essential tools every vehicle owner must have in the car. Every once in a while you encounter the problem that your battery’s charging has dried up, and you need to charge it quickly.
In those conditions, having a car battery charger helps a lot. You can quickly charge the battery of the car with the help of the charger. If you are a car owner looking for the best car battery chargers of 2019, you are at the right place.
Best Car Battery Charger Brands in 2019
We have tested some of the famous car battery charger brands available in the market and prepared a best car battery chargers reviews for the readers. If you are on a limited budget, don’t worry, we have included affordable car battery chargers in the review. Make sure to read the complete article to know the best options you have.
If you are new to buying a car battery charger from the market, it can get quite confusing. We have picked up top rated car battery chargers of 2019 from the market after testing them with the help of experts. Here’s the list of our 5 high quality car battery chargers:
Battery Tender Plus 021-0128, 1.25 Amp Battery Charger is a Smart Charger
- You get easy to use connectors that are similar to mini jumper cables
- It remains connected to the battery without overcharging or damaging the life of the battery
- Does not allow mixing power cables with other brands, indicator notifies you when you use another cable
The first pick from the list is Battery Tender Plus 021-0128, a 1.25 Amp battery charger that is built to charge the battery quickly and keep it at the proper voltage without causing any damages to it. You get a connect ring terminal harness with the charger to access hard to reach areas and also, alligator clips for an alternate connection.
- Provides optimum charge voltage according to ambient temperature
- It can automatically switch from full charge to float charge mode
- Reverse Polarity Protection feature to provide safety to the user. Red & green lights are flashed in this situation
- A 4-step charging process (Initialization, Bulk Charge, Absorption Mode, Float Mode)
- It’s an excellent charger for all lead-acid, flooded and sealed maintenance free batteries
- An AC power cord with 6ft length and a standard 3 prong plug
- A DC power cord with connectors – 6ft length
- A warranty worth 10 year
NOCO Genius G7200 12V/24V 7.2A UltraSafe Smart Battery Charger
- Safe mode charging
- User-friendly interface is provided
- Compact and easy to carry
- May not charge the battery correctly if it’s completely discharged
- Some charge is needed to start the charging
The NOCO Genius G7200 is our second pick from the list. This smart battery charger is highly reliable and made by NOCO. The users of lead-acid and lithium-ion batteries upto 230Ah prefer to buy this charger. This battery charger effectively maintains batteries for automotive, marine, RV, lawn and garden purposes. It charges battery 2 times faster than other ordinary chargers.
- You get a 12V and 24V battery charger and maintainer in the set
- Lead-acid and lithium-ion batteries up to 230 amp can be charged quickly.
- It can recover the discharged batteries that are down to 2-volts
- Spark-proof technology and reverse polarity protection features are provided
- A built-in desulfator for batteries is provided to recover worn-out batteries
- It can safely monitor a battery actively with zero overcharge
- It is highly suitable for start-stop and CANbus vehicle system
- It has an advanced diagnostics indication feature for damaged batteries
- Progressive repair mode deeply sulfated 12V batteries
- Constant power supply
Schumacher SE-4022 2/10/40/200 Amp Manual Wheeled Battery Charger
- It can quickly charge a battery in an hour, and it is easy to carry around due to its wheels
- This charger comes with manual operation
- It is not compatible with AGM, deep-cycle or gel-cell batteries
The third pick from the list is Schumacher SE -4022 standard wheeled battery charger and tester. It offers an increased life and maximum performance with the help of several features. One of the primary selling points of this battery charger is that it offers a variety of charger rates that are not offered by its rivals in the market. The charger can analyze both starting system errors and electrical problems in the battery. The Schumacher SE -4022 can charge any battery within 3 hours and a 12V battery in 2-12 hours.
- Weighs around 27 pounds
- 200 amps power
- Size: 14x14x20 inches
- 40 amps fast charge feature
- Charges a battery in 1-2 hours
- Comes with a cooling fan
- 12V and 6V batteries can be accommodated easily
- A voltmeter and two rotary switches are provided
- Manual operation
Schumacher SE-1052 50/10/2 Amp Manual Starter/Charger
- Highly durable
- Does not need intense maintenance
- Has cord clamps
- Engine jump start feature
- This product does not have automated features
The Schumacher SE-1052 is another powerful charger from our list. It’s a standard car battery charger without the feature of active charging monitoring. It needs a manual checking of your car’s battery when you use this charger to charge the battery. If you are looking for a charger for maintenance charge your car battery, this option is not for you. This charger can jump-start your car within a few minutes by charging the battery with the 50 amps. It uses LED indicators to show when the car battery is recharged, and it also provides overcharge protection to make sure it doesn’t damage your vehicle.
- Provides 2 & 10 amp charging with a 50 amp engine start
- Fast charging
- Provides overcharging protection from damage
- LED indicators
- Manual gauge
- Charges 12V batteries completely in 2-10 hours
BLACK+DECKER BC6BDW Fully Automatic 6 Amp 12V Waterproof Battery Charger
- It is a completely automatic charger
- Sturdy built, dust & waterproof
- Affordable cost
- Low amperage setting
- Not good for larger batteries
Black+Decker BC6BDW is the last pick from our list. This popular battery charger is known for its waterproof feature. This waterproof feature is useful for fishermen and other watercraft usages. This charger can be easily used to recharge a 12V battery.
It works well with wet, AGM, GEL and other lead-acid batteries. It is entirely an automatic product, you need to plug it correctly and you’re set. The built-in circuit protection protects the battery from overcharging and reverse polarity damage. It is sturdy, dust and waterproof. You get DC plug and cable clamps with it.
- 6 amp battery charger
- Compatible with AGM, GEL, WET or Marine 12V battery
- Fully automatic high-frequency charging
- Dust and waterproof
CAR BATTERY CHARGER – BUYING GUIDE
Now if you are done with reading our list of best car battery chargers online, we want you to know how to select the best car battery charger from the recommendations. If you are buying a car battery charger for the first time and looking for it on some best car battery chargers website, it can get confusing. To clear the confusion, we have prepared this buying guide for you. Read the guide, and it helps you to pick up the best product from the list.
Portability is the first one in the things to consider before making a purchase. While buying a car battery charger, it is essential to buy one that is easy to carry in your car while traveling. It can fit inside your glove box or a small travel bag. The design of today’s car battery chargers focuses on making it highly compact and lightweight.
It is an important factor in selecting a battery charger. A charger must be quick and easy to handle. Most of the chargers come with LED indicators to denote performance levels and completion of charging. Also, consider if the charger can be used to charge other electronic instruments like the phone and laptop. It can be handy if it comes with a couple of USB slots.
Indicators help us to monitor the performance of the charger and the status of battery charging. A good charger should come with a set of indicators and alarm notification blinker for the emergency of reverse polarity.
Most of the chargers in the market draw power from 12V batteries. However, when it comes to power, these chargers range from 6 amps to 10 or even 20 amps. A long-lasting charger comes with higher amps power.
This factor is an integral part while considering to buy a charger. The latest chargers in the market come with various safety features to protect the user as well as battery. Here’s a list of safety features to expect from a good charger:
- Reverse polarity alarm
- Spark proof clamps
- Clamp amps
- Battery tester
- Float Mode
You don’t need to be an expert in chemistry here. Just make sure whether the battery is a standard lead-acid or a deep cycle battery. Once you know the type, confirm if the charger is compatible with it.
Automatic vs. Manual
It is the last factor you must consider before purchasing the product. Automatic chargers are quite trendy and helpful for the drivers as they automatically prevent overcharging, thus improving the life of the battery.
Buying a good battery charger can be a confusing task if you are doing it for the first time. Make sure to follow the instructions given in our buyer guide to pick the best one for you.